After a simple recipe for smothered pork chops? Make this 3 ingredient crock pot pork chops recipe. It’s the easiest recipe ever! Delicious and full of flavour this dish is slow cooked for hours. No one would ever guess that you spent less than 10 minutes putting together.
About This Pork Chops Recipe
- When you need a cheap and easy family dinner idea, you can’t go past this recipe for smothered pork chops. With only three ingredients this is budget friendly.
- It’s a light and healthy recipe. There is no extra fat or cream in this sauce.
- It’s as easy as mixing two sauces in the slow cooker then adding seared pork chops.
- It’s freezer friendly making it a good meal prep dish.
This recipe is so easy to make!
The first step is optional (but a step that we like to do), and it is browning the meat. Browning the meat not only makes the meat visually appealing it also adds to the flavour.
The next step is to add the sauces to the slow cooker, along with the pork chops. Make sure to coat the chops with the sauce before putting the lid on and cook on low for 4- 6 hours.
Pork chops: We have made this slow cooker pork chops recipe several times and prefer to use pork forequarter chops. Forequarter chops are marbled with fat and comes out super soft and tender.
Forequarter chops are quite large and because of this we will cut the cooked pork into smaller serving pieces. This is okay for a family dinner but, you may not want to do this when entertaining.
For entertaining you could use loin chops (like the ones you see on this page) they are smaller and look better for individual serves.
Pork loin chops are leaner and do require a shorter cooking time. If they are over cooked, they will become dry.
Plum sauce and oyster sauce:
These can be found in the Asian section in supermarkets or you can find them at any good Asian food store.
The plum sauce will give a slight sweetness to the dish and the oyster sauce because it is salty will add seasoning to the dish.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Lightly season the pork chops with salt. Then heat a little oil in a frying pan and sear the meat on both sides until brown.
Step 2 – Pour the plum sauce into the slow cooker and add the oyster sauce.
Step 3 – Add 2 tablespoons of water into the plum sauce bottle, put the cap back on and shake well, then pour watered down sauce into the slow cooker.
Step 4 – Give the sauce a good mix.
Step 5 – Add the pork chops and coat well with the sauce.
Step 6 – Arrange the chops evenly over the base of the slow cooker. Put the lid on and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or until tender.
What to Serve Pork Chops?
Serve these 3 ingredient crock pot pork chops with rice or plain mashed potatoes or cauliflower potato mash or with one of these delicious recipes:
- Thai vermicelli noodle salad – by itsnotcomplicatedrecipes.com
- Asian noodle salad recipe – by thecookingcollective.com.au
- Tofu fried noodle salad recipe – by sweetcaramelsunday.com
- for dessert Pandan icecream – by keepcalmandeaticecream.com
More Slow Cooker Recipes To Try
- Italian meatballs in tomato sauce
- Cream Slow cooker chicken rice soup
- Slow cooker caramel sauce
- See all slow cooker recipes
If you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter, please do. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter to be notified of our latest recipes.
3 Ingredient Crock Pot Pork Chops
- 6 lt Slow Cooker
- 1 kg (6) loin chops or 1.4 kg (3 lb) bone in forequarter pork chops
- 210 ml (1 bottle) Asian plum sauce like Ayam plum sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- If using forequarter chops remove the excess fat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then fry in a lightly oiled pan until the pork chops brown on both sides.
- Pour the plum sauce into the slow cooker bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the sauce bottle, put the lid on and shake well, then pour this into the slow cooker.
- Next mix in the oyster sauce.
- The add the pork chops and coat each piece in sauce, and arrange evenly over the base of the slow cooker
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until chops are tender.