This easy and budget-friendly recipe for 3 ingredient crock pot pork chops is a dinner everyone will love.
Serve this with creamy mashed potatoes or rice and your favorite veggies for a delicious and healthy dinner.
We love making recipes in our slow cooker because it is so easy to use and great for when you are busy.
And this pork forequarter chops recipe is one of the best-tasting and easiest crockpot recipes you will ever make.
Soft, juicy, and tender 3 ingredient Crock Pot Pork chops it only takes 10 minutes to prepare this dish, then let the slow cooker do its work. It is cheap to make and tastes delicious!
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
You will love this recipe for 3 ingredient pork chops because:
- With only three simple ingredients, this is budget-friendly.
- The recipe takes about 10 minutes of prep time and about 6 hours of slow cooking on low.
- It is a light and healthy recipe, and it is dairy-free and gluten-free.
- This pork chops plum sauce slow cooker is as easy as mixing two sauces in the slow cooker and then adding seared pork chops.
- It’s freezer-friendly which makes it a good recipe for meal prepping.
Ingredients In This Recipe
The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
Pork chops - We prefer to use pork forequarter chops. Forequarter chops are marbled with fat and come out super soft and tender.
Because forequarter chops are big, you might want to cut the pork chops into smaller serving pieces before or after cooking.
Cutting the chops is okay for a family dinner, but this might not be something you want to do when entertaining.
For entertaining, you could use boneless pork chops or pork loin chops (like the ones you see on this page) that are smaller than forequarter chops and look better for individual serves.
Pork loin and boneless chops are leaner and require a shorter cooking time, but if you overcook them, they will be dry.
Plum sauce and oyster sauce can be found in the Asian section in most big supermarkets or at any good Asian food store.
The plum sauce will give a slight sweetness to the dish, and the oyster sauce, because it is salty, will season the meat.
- You will need a 6 liter (6 quarts) or bigger crock pot.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1 - Lightly season the pork chops with salt. Then heat a little oil in a frying pan and sear the meat on both sides until brown.
Step 2 - Pour the plum sauce into the slow cooker and add the oyster sauce.
Step 3 - Add 2 tablespoons of water into the plum sauce bottle, put the cap back on and shake well, then pour watered down sauce into the slow cooker.
Step 4 - Give the sauce a good mix.
Step 5 - Add the pork chops and coat well with the sauce.
Step 6 - Arrange the chops evenly over the base of the slow cooker. Put the lid on and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or until tender.
It is highly recommended to brown the meat before cooking because it does two things.
- Browning the pork chops before slow cooking helps give the final dish a better flavor.
- Browning the meat also helps to seal in the juices which can help to keep it moist and prevent it from drying out.
It does not take long to brown the meat in a frying pan, but if you are short on time, skip this step.
One average-sized boneless pork chop of about 160 grams (5.60 ounces) is a serving size.
Calories Per Serve
A serving with a small amount of gravy is about 327 calories.
There are many delicious side dishes that you can serve with these 3 ingredients pork chops. Serve it with
- Roasted or steamed vegetables like this simple side dish of buttered vegetables are perfect for any time of the year.
- Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, or healthy cauliflower potato mash would be a filling side dish for a hearty winter dinner.
- Quinoa, rice, or couscous: These cooked grains would make a nice and simple side dish to serve with these pork chops and will soak up the gravy.
- Salads like leafy greens made with diced vegetables and a simple vinaigrette or Asian-style salad would be great for a light and fresh summer dinner idea.
Refrigeration – Leftover pork chops, should be cooled to room temperature and then stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will keep for about 3 -4 days.
Freezing – Leftover pork chops and plum sauce can also be frozen. Place the chops and sauce into a freezer-safe container with a lid, label, and freeze for two to three months.
The pork chop and gravy can be gently heated in a saucepan on the stovetop over medium-low heat, and occasionally stir them to prevent sticking and burning until they are heated through and hot.
Try not to overcook the chops, as they can dry out if heated for too long.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a fatty pork chop rather than a lean chop because fat helps to keep the meat moist.
Also, make sure that there is enough liquid in the slow cooker to at least almost cover the meat.
And don't overcook them, depending on how thick they are they should be ready in 4-6 hours on low heat and 3-4 hours on high.
No, you do not need to spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Pork chops are cooked when the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
More Pork Chop Recipes
If you like this easy pork chop recipe you might like to try one of these:
- Crockpot pork chops with mushroom soup is a simple recipe that uses canned mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Slow cooker ranch pork chops, this recipe uses cream of chicken soup and dry ranch dressing mix.
- Slow cooker French onion pork, this easy recipe uses a can of French onion soup, but you could easily make it with reconstituted dry French onion soup mix.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
If you like this recipe for crock pot pork chop in gravy, you might also like this slow cooker recipe.
I hope you try this recipe for 3 ingredient crock pot pork chops. If you do, please come back and leave a comment below because I would love to know how you went.
3 Ingredient Crock Pot Pork Chops
- 6 lt (6 quarts) Slow Cooker
- 1 kg (6) loin chops or 1.4 kg (3 lb) bone in forequarter pork chops
- 210 ml (1 bottle, 7 ounces) Asian plum sauce like Ayam plum sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- If using forequarter chops remove the excess fat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then fry in a lightly oiled pan until the pork chops brown on both sides.
- Pour the plum sauce into the slow cooker bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the sauce bottle, put the lid on and shake well, then pour this into the slow cooker.
- Next mix in the oyster sauce.
- Add the pork chops and coat each piece in sauce, and arrange evenly over the base of the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until the chops are tender.