This cold chicken pasta salad recipe with mayo is quick and fast to make. Great for potlucks, BBQ’s, and for a crowd this is an easy summer dish that can be made in advance. It tastes great both at room temperature or straight from the fridge.
How to Make This Cold Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe with Mayo
What Pasta Is Best For Pasta Salad?
There is no right or wrong pasta to use for a pasta salad, however, using a short pasta such as macaroni, elbow or bow tie makes mixing and eating easier. You could stick to one type as mentioned or mix it up, like I did with this pasta salad.
I always have some leftover pasta lurking in the back of the cupboard from previous recipes and will often combine them together to make up the amount I need.
The Mayo Salad Dressing
As a family we are not that keen on dishes that are contain copious amounts of mayonnaise and prefer something lighter and this why you will see natural yoghurt in the recipe. If you love mayonnaise, then leave out the yoghurt and replace it with mayonnaise.
Cold Pasta Salad With Chicken – Printable Recipe
Cold Pasta Salad with Chicken
- 300 grams cooked pasta macaroni, bow tie or elbow or similar, cooled
- 450 grams cooked chicken BBQ or roasted chicken – cooled, skin and bones removed and cut into bite sized cubes
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 150 grams corn kernels cooked and cooled – can use fresh, frozen or canned corn
- 150 grams peas cooked and cooled
- 170 grams green capsicum (bell pepper), seeded and cut into thin 3 cm strips
- 1 x 400 gram can of brown lentils rinsed and drained
- 200 grams red onion cut in half and thinly sliced
- 300 grams tasty cheese cut into 2 cm cubes
- 5 spring onions sliced
- 70 grams grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup natural (plain) yoghurt
- Salt for seasoning (optional)
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together the dressing ingredients, season to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and mix well.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Chinese Barbecue Pork
- Roast Pumpkin Chickpea and Feta Salad
- Beef Stew With Balsamic Vinegar
- Beef Stroganoff With Stew Meat
Pocket Food Facts
Did You Know?
Commercial mayonnaise is pasteurized which gives it a longer shelf life. Read more here.