If you are looking for a quick dip to make, try this dill dip recipe. It only takes 5 minutes to put together and can be made up to two days in advance. This is the perfect dip for parties, as a snack for game days, tailgate parties and the super bowl. Make it as a healthy every day snack when you eat it with veggies.
Whenever I can, I try to make a dish healthier by reducing the fat content. For this recipe I replaced some of the mayonnaise and sour cream with my homemade Greek yogurt, making it healthier and lighter.
I didn’t replace all the mayo and sour cream because I think that these bring a unique flavour to the dip. But, if you want it to be completely healthy, replace the mayo and sour cream with Greek yogurt.
This dip is so simple to make you just throw everything into a bowl and give it a good mix.
What Do You Serve Dill Dip With?
This dip can be served with just about anything. It’s good with fresh vegetables you could use carrots, cucumbers, and celery all cut into sticks or cherry tomatoes on skewers. It’s also great with hard bread sticks, crackers, potato chips and tortilla chips.
What Else Can You Use This Dill Dip Recipe For?
You can use this dip as a spread for fish burgers, goes well with baked fish, or as a sauce for fish and chips.
If you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter, please do. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter to be notified of our latest recipes.
Easy Dill Dip
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Dutch mayonnaise or your favorite brand
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- 50 grams red onion finely diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried dill or 3 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste (optional)
- Place all the ingredients except the salt, into a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least one hour, but preferably overnight, to allow the flavours to develop.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with either dried or fresh dill.
- Serve with carrot sticks, cucumber slices, celery sticks, crackers, potato chips or slices of bread.