This easy healthy cold pasta salad recipe is perfect as a summer salad. With a red wine vinegar salad dressing, and packed with heaps of fresh vegetables you can have this dish on the table in around 30 minutes.
How Do You Make A Healthy Cold Pasta Salad?
For this pasta salad recipe, I used curly macaroni but you could use any type of pasta, even some leftover cooked pasta you may have. Cut a selection of both raw and cooked vegetables into bite sized pieces, then add to the pasta.
Next, combine the salad dressing ingredients into a small jar, mix well and drizzle over the salad, and toss well. Alternatively, you could use your favorite readymade salad dressing for this pasta salad.
What Goes Well With Cold Pasta Salad?
This salad can be served with hot or cold roast chicken or nice piece of grilled steak for an easy dinner. Or, for an easy and healthy lunch idea, mix in pieces of cold chicken and crumbled feta cheese.
Can You Make This Pasta Salad The Day Before?
Yes, this pasta salad can be made the day before. However, this salad at its best when eaten soon after making.
How Long Does This Healthy Cold Pasta Salad Last In The Fridge?
Once any salad has been made it should be stored in an air tight container and stored in the fridge. This pasta salad has an olive oil dressing and will last up to 5 days in the fridge, if stored correctly.
If you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter, please do. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter to be notified of our latest recipes.
Healthy Cold Pasta Salad
- 360 grams uncooked curly macaroni
- 170 grams (2 cups) broccoli florets
- 140 grams (1 cup) frozen corn kernels
- 160 grams (1 large) red capsicum, seeded and cut into thin 3 cm strips
- 120 grams (1 medium size) red onion, thinly sliced
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 x 400 gram can of chickpeas, rinsed and draind
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well, rinse under cold water and allow to cool completely. Then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- While The Pasta Is Cooking
- Place the broccoli into a microwave oven safe bowl and cook in the microwave on high for 3 minutes, until just tender. Allow to cool.
- The place the frozen corn kernels into a microwave oven safe bowl and cook in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the cooled broccoli, corn, capsicum, red onion, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and chickpeas to the large mixing bowl with the pasta.
Make The Salad Dressing
- Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, brown sugar and salt into a small jar, seal and shake well.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad. Toss until well combined.
You Make Also Like These Easy Recipes
- Moist Chocolate Brownies with Pecan Nuts
- Pineapple Banana Cake Recipe (Hummingbird Cake)
- Easy Orange Juice Cake
- Easy Banana Bread
Pocket Food Facts
Did You Know?
The quality of red wine vinegar depends on how long it has been left to age, with some vinegars being aged for up to two years. Read more about the benefits of red wine vinegar here.