This easy healthy cold pasta salad recipe is perfect as a summer salad. With a red wine vinegar salad dressing, and packed with heaps of fresh vegetables you can have this dish on the table in around 30 minutes.
🍳 Step By Step Instructions
For this pasta salad recipe, I used curly macaroni but you could use any type of pasta, even some leftover cooked pasta you may have. Cut a selection of both raw and cooked vegetables into bite sized pieces, then add to the pasta.
Next, combine the salad dressing ingredients into a small jar, mix well and drizzle over the salad, and toss well. Alternatively, you could use your favorite readymade salad dressing for this pasta salad.
What Goes Well With Cold Pasta Salad?
This salad can be served with hot or cold roast chicken or nice piece of grilled steak for an easy dinner. Or, for an easy and healthy lunch idea, mix in pieces of cold chicken and crumbled feta cheese.
Can You Make This Pasta Salad The Day Before?
Yes, this pasta salad can be made the day before. However, this salad at its best when eaten soon after making.
How Long Does This Healthy Cold Pasta Salad Last In The Fridge?
Once any salad has been made it should be stored in an air tight container and stored in the fridge. This pasta salad has an olive oil dressing and will last up to 5 days in the fridge, if stored correctly.
🍲 More Easy Recipes
You might also like these easy salad recipes
- Greet tomato cucumber salad
- Tomato bocconcini salad
- Broccoli cauliflower salad
- Roast pumpkin chickpea feta salad
- Spicy carrot salad
CONNECT WITH RECIPE POCKET
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a post!
📋 Recipe Card
Healthy Cold Pasta Salad
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Medium size saucepan
- Kitchen scales
- Measuring cups
- Small jar with a lid
- 240 grams (8 ounces / 2 cups) uncooked pasta, like fusilli or macaroni
- 170 grams (6 ounces / 2 cups) broccoli, florets
- 140 grams (5 ounces / 1 cup) frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 160 grams (5.5 ounces / 1 large) red capsicum
- 120 grams (1 medium size) red onion
- 5 spring onions
- 250 grams (9 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 400 gram (14 ounce) canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well, rinse under cold water and allow to cool completely. Then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- While The Pasta Is Cooking
- Place the broccoli into a microwave oven-safe bowl and cook in the microwave on high for 3 minutes, until just tender, allow to cool.
- Cut the capsicum into half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Slice into strips and then cut into 3 cm lengths.
- Dice or thinly slice the red onion. Slice the spring onion into 1 cm lengths.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place the pasta, broccoli, corn, capsicum, red onion, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, and chickpeas into a large mixing bowl.
- Make The Salad Dressing
- Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs, and salt into a small jar, seal, and shake well.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad. Toss until well combined.