If you are looking for easy ideas for Valentine's day heart cookies keep scrolling because these easy heart shaped cookies are so easy to make.
From heart shaped chocolate chip cookies to gluten-free, vegan, and sugar cookie hearts there is a cookie for every taste.
Forget the store-bought cookies this year, get yourself a heart shaped cookie cutter, and make your own heart shaped cookies this Valentine's day.
- 📝 Frequently Asked Questions
- 39 Easy Heart Shaped Cookies
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Heart Shaped Gluten Free Cookies
- Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies
- Heart Shaped Shortbread Cookies
- Heart Shaped Jam Cookies
- Heart Shaped Sandwich Cookies
- Vegan Heart Shaped Cookies
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Biscuits
- How Do You Keep Cookies Fresh For Gift Giving?
- Cookie Decorating Tips
- What Would Be The Proper Packaging For Cookies?
- 📋 Recipe Card
- 💬 Comments
Below you will find helpful tips and ideas for making the best cookies. If you are new to baking read the tips below to help you make the best cookies ever.
You will also find storage ideas for keeping your cookies fresh and at their best as well as creative ways to package your freshly baked treats.
📝 Frequently Asked Questions
In general, you cut cookie shapes before baking, and there are several reasons why you should do this:
1. When you cut cookie dough into shapes before baking, you get better, cleaner, and more precise cuts, which is very important when cutting cookies with intricate designs.2. Also, cutting cookie dough when it is pliable helps them retain its shape as they cook. If you were to cut the cookies after baking, it would be difficult to get clean cuts, and the edges would not be clean and precise.
3. Another reason for cutting cookies before baking is that you get them even in shape and size, which means they will all finish baking at the same time.
However, you will find some recipes where the dough is cooked in one big sheet, and shapes are then cut from the dough while it is still warm.
To bake cookies that keep their shape, you should follow these steps:
1. You should use a recipe that includes ingredients that will give it structure, like butter, shortening, or eggs.
2. Chill the dough before baking to stop it from spreading too much during baking.
3. Use a moderate oven temperature of 175 - 190°C (350 - 375°F) to ensure they don't burn.
4. Keep an eye out for oven hot spots, if you notice some cookies browning quicker than others, rotate the baking sheet in the oven.
5. Don't overcrowd the cookie sheet keep them well apart. Because if they are placed too close on the tray, and they spread during baking they could stick and blend.
6. Remove the cookies from the oven when you see them just starting to turn golden brown around the edges. They will continue to firm up as they cool.
There could be several reasons why cookies might not hold their shape during baking:
1. The dough was not chilled enough before baking. Chilling the dough especially when the climate is hot, helps firm up the butter in the dough making it less likely to spread during baking.
2. The oven temperature may have been too high, which can cause them to spread and lose their shape.
3. You may have had too many cookies on the tray, which caused them to spread and bake into each other.
4. The dough may have been too soft which can cause it to lose its shape during baking.
5. The recipe that you used might not be a good one.
39 Easy Heart Shaped Cookies
Heart-shaped cookies are great for serving or giving on occasions such as Valentine's Day, weddings, engagement parties, anniversary celebrations, and other romantic occasions.
You can also serve them at events or parties that celebrate love and friendship, such as Mother's day, Galentine's Day, or bridal showers.
They can also be given as gifts to loved ones, or baked and decorated as a special treat for a loved one.
Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heart Shaped Gluten Free Cookies
Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies
Heart Shaped Shortbread Cookies
Heart Shaped Jam Cookies
Heart Shaped Sandwich Cookies
Vegan Heart Shaped Cookies
Heart Shaped Chocolate Biscuits
How Do You Keep Cookies Fresh For Gift Giving?
There are a few ways to keep your cookies fresh when giving them as gifts.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool, then store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh and stop them from drying out.
- You could also individually wrap each cookie in parchment paper or plastic food wrap before storing them in an airtight container.
- Add desiccant packs like silica gel to the container to absorb excess moisture.
- Store them in a cool dry place, and avoid damp and humid conditions as this will cause them to go moldy.
- Most cookies once baked can be frozen undecorated. They can then be thawed and decorated one to two days before you intend to gift them.
- Also when storing arrange them in single layers with parchment paper in between each layer to help keep them looking nice and crumb free.
Cookie Decorating Tips
- If you are a beginner, it is best to start with a simple design that you can easily master. Most of the heart-shaped biscuits on this are easy to make like cookies #9, #15, #21, #22, #24, #25, or #27.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely when decorating them with icings like royal icing, buttercream, or other simple frostings because these melt when applied to hot cookies.
- The icings you use should be the correct consistency. They should be thick enough to hold their shape but not too thick that they can't be piped or easily spread.
- When decorating with royal icing, pipe an outline of the design to get clear and defined shapes, if in doubt do some research on Youtube to see how it is done.
- If you make mistakes when icing cookies, small ones might be fixed using a toothpick, if not carefully scrape it off and start again.
- Have patience because decorating cookies can take time.
What Would Be The Proper Packaging For Cookies?
Here are some tips for packaging the love heart cookies to keep them fresh and presentable for giving for storing.
- Show your creations in clear cellophane or plastic bags. Use a decorative ribbon or twine to tie to seal the bag and give it a nice presentation.
- Store and present them in clear plastic containers with tight-fitting lids and decorate them with a theme-related ribbon or wrapping paper.
- Gift them in decorative reusable metal tins.
- Arrange them neatly on a decorative platter or plate and wrap and wrap in clear cellophane.
- Present them in boxes with clear window lids.
These heart shaped cookies are very simple to make and can be served on any occasion.
Give these to the people you care about on Valentine's Day, as wedding or anniversary favors, or just to show people you care.
We hope this round has inspired you to make your own heart shaped cookies.
If you have any other creative ways to use these cookies or any questions, please leave a comment in the comment section below, we would love to hear from you!
CONNECT WITH RECIPE POCKET
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a post!
📋 Recipe Card
39 Heart Shaped Cookies
Heart shaped cookie recipes:
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Heart Cookies
- Heart Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ginger Sugar Cookies
- Gluten-Free Conversation Heart Cookies
- Gluten-Free Valentine's Day Cookies With Royal Icing
- Heart Shaped Meringue Cookies
- Coconut Flour Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
- Valentine Sugar Cookies
- Valentine's Heart Sugar Cookies
- Easy Heart Sugar Cookies
- Valentine Heart Cookies Recipe
- Colored Marble Cookies
- Conversation Heart Cookies
- Heart Shaped Cat Cookies
- Blood Orange Butter Cookies
- Honey Sugar Cookies
- Heart Shaped Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Heart Shaped Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Marble Sugar Cookies
- Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
- Air Fryer Sugar Cookies
- Rose Scented Shortbread
- Iced Shortbread Valentine Cookies
- Cranberry And Meyer Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Jam Heart Cookies
- Heart Jam Cookies
- Valentine's Heart Macarons
- Valentine Spritz Cookies For Valentine's Day
- Best Linzer Cookies
- Heart Shaped Vegan Valentine's Cookies
- Vegan Gluten Free Strawberry Hearts
- Valentine's Chocolate Dipped Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Heart Cookies
- Valentine Cookies
- Peppermint Spritz Cookies Dipped In Chocolate
- Choose your favorite recipe from the list above
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Follow the recipe directions and bake some easy and delicious heart shaped cookies.