This Italian seasoning mix recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make. No need to buy an Italian seasoning blend when you can make your own. And you may already have everything you need in your pantry.
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- It's quick and easy to make.
- It can be made the way you like it.
- It can be budget friendly using herbs you already have.
Store-bought Italian seasoning is a combination of dried herbs that can include basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage, and parsley. Seasoning mixes can include all or some of these herbs.
The nice thing about making your own Italian seasoning is, that you can make it to suit your own tastes and you know what's in it.
Italian seasoning can be made by mixing equal parts (or less) of some or all of the following herbs: basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage and parsley. You can also include other dried Italian herbs such as sage or tarragon.
If you don’t have all the herbs or don’t like a certain herb, leave it out.
After making this Italian seasoning mix recipe the herbs should be stored in a cool dark place in an airtight container.
Spice it up
Up the flavor of your homemade Italian seasoning by adding a tablespoon or two of garlic powder and or onion powder. For a little heat add a teaspoon or more of dried chilli flakes.
Italian seasoning can be used in pasta sauces, marinades for chicken, beef and fish dishes. It can also be used to flavour grilled or baked vegetables, sprinkle over pizzas and homemade focaccia bread. It can also be used in soups and sauces.
More Easy Recipes
Italian Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Place all the dried herbs and any of the optional ingredients into a clean, dry glass jar.
- Seal the jar and give a good shake to mix.
- Label and date the jar and store in a cool dark place.