I have the perfect moist chocolate brownie recipe for you. These chocolate, orange flavoured brownies, are not only super moist they are also made even more decadent with a generous helping of pecan nuts. These store well and can be kept in an airtight container for up-to one week, or you can freeze them and enjoy them when you have a craving for something sweet.
Simple Tips to Make This Recipe
1. Don’t over work the mixture, use a light hand when mixing in the flour. Gently fold the flour in, until it is just mixed in.
2. Always use eggs and butter at room temperature, this will help give a lighter texture to the brownies. Get the eggs and butter out of the fridge about 1 hour before you start.
3. Every oven is different, and temperature plays a key factor, in how quickly they will bake. So, use an oven thermometer to check the temperature if are in doubt.
4. Always check your brownies about 5 minutes before the end of baking time. The brownies are done, when a skewer inserted into the centre of the baked mixture comes out with a little batter clinging to it.
5. Use a timer, to avoid over cooking.
6. Use appropriate bakeware. The best pans are aluminium as these absorb heat much quicker than glass or ceramic dishes.
7. Always line the tins with baking paper. This will stop the brownies from sticking to the tin and it also makes it easier to get them out.
8. Don’t be in a rush to eat them right away, if you can, leave them overnight or at the very least, a few hours. This will help them “settle in” and allow them to develop the flavours and texture that you want from a brownie.
If you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter, please do. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter to be notified of our latest recipes.
Moist Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- 115 grams salted butter room temperature
- 230 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 40 grams plain flour sifted
- 150 grams chopped pecans
- 50 grams white chocolate chips – optional
Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F)
Grease and line a 19 cm (8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper
- MAKE THE BATTERMelt butter, dark chocolate, and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.– Mix in the vanilla essence and orange zest to the mixture.– Beat the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.– Take off the heat and add sifted flour, half the chopped pecans, and all white chocolate chips (if using). Mix through.– When batter is smooth, pour into the greased and lined tin and sprinkle on the remaining chopped pecans.
- BAKE– Place in oven and bake for about 30 – 40 minutes. The brownies will be slightly under cooked at this stage, this is what you want. Don’t be tempted to cook the brownies longer, if you do, you will not get a moist, gooey brownie.– Remove from the oven and allow stand in the tin for at least 20 minutes.
- ALLOW TO COOL– Remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a wire rack, before cutting.– Store in an airtight container for three to four days. These can be frozen.
You May Like These Easy Recipes
- Poffertjes – Little Dutch Pancakes
- Blueberry banana muffin recipe
- Easy Raspberry Cake Recipe
- Slow Cooker Baked Custard
Pocket Food Facts
Did you know?
The original version of the brownie was made in 1893 in Chicago at the Palmer House Hotel. The original recipe is said to be still served today.