These peanut butter cookies with salted peanuts are thick and chunky. Flavoured with peanut butter, honey, salted butter and with added oatmeal you get two cookies in one, an oatmeal cookie and peanut butter cookie. Quick to make and can be stored for more than 5 days in an airtight container, these are sure to become a family favourite.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies With Salted Peanuts
To make these cookies measure the dry ingredients and combine them into a large mixing bowl. Then into a small saucepan add the butter, sugar, honey, and peanut butter and melt over a low heat.
Pour the melted butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for 5-15 minutes or until the dough is firm enough to hold its shape. Divide the dough into 20 even size balls.
Place onto prepared baking trays, light press down on each dough ball to flatten slightly. Bake until lightly golden brown, remove from the oven, and allow to cool on the trays before decorating with the salted peanut topping.
Tips For Making These Peanut Butter Cookies
Choose Your Honey
Use a honey that isn’t too strong in flavour. If the flavour of the honey is too strong it can over power the peanut butter flavour.
Chill The Dough
The cookie dough will need refrigeration before shaping into balls. The reason for this is that the butter, honey and sugar are melted and added warm to the dry ingredients, making for a “sloppy dough”.
By refrigerating the dough for 5 – 15 minutes the dough will cool down and firm up making it easier to handle. However, don’t leave it for too long in the fridge, it will become too firm to handle. If the dough has become to firm to shape, let it stand at room temperature until it becomes more manageable.
To get even sized cookies, use your kitchen scales to weigh the dough, then divide it into 20 even sized balls.
Looking for more easy oatmeal cookies? Try these:
Deliciously flavoured with cinnamon and delightfully chewy, these easy oatmeal cookies with oil by Bites ‘N’ Pieces are a one bowl wonder and so easy to make.
Peanut Butter Cookies With Salted Peanuts
- 125 grams plain flour
- 63 grams self-raising flour
- 100 grams rolled oats
- 125 grams salted butter
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 25 grams butter softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup salted peanuts coarsely chopped
Preheat over to 180°C (350°F).
Line to baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine and sift the flours into a large mixing bowl, add the rolled oats and stir.
- In a small sauce pan combine, the butter, sugar, honey and peanut butter, stir over low heat until melted. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Refrigerate for 5 – 10 minutes. Note: The cookie dough will be too soft to handle at this stage. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 5 – 10 minutes so that it becomes firm enough to hold its shape.
- Divide and roll into 20 even sized balls. Place on the prepared baking trays, spacing well apart. Light press and flatten each ball.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the trays.
- When cool decorate with topping.
- In a small mixing bowl combine and stir the icing sugar, butter and water until smooth. Dip the tops of the cookies into the topping, then into the coarsely chopped nuts.
You Might Like the Easy Recipes
- Indonesian Garlic Peanuts
- Easy Banana Bread
- Mini Bacon and Cheese Quiches In Puff Pastry
- Fast – Cold Chicken Pasta Salad with Mayo
Pocket Food Facts
Did You Know?
Butter is produced by the agitation of cream, which causes the fat molecules to clump together and separate from the liquid. The separated fat is butter and the remaining liquid can be used to make buttercream. Read more here.