Not only is this a quick and easy beef vegetable soup, it’s healthy too! Filled with heaps of vegetables and lean ground beef, this soup is also hearty, filling, and low calorie.
This easy dinner recipe is ideal for both beginners or, for those looking for a fast and simple week night meal.
How to Make
Pan-fry the leek, carrot and celery until softened, add lean ground beef and garlic and cook until browned.
Then add canned tomatoes, stock, Worcestershire sauce, and potato and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
Add the other vegetables to the soup and cook for 5 minutes more. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, then sit down and enjoy!
Looking for more easy ground beef soup recipes to enjoy? Try one of these!
Mie Bakso Indonesian Meatball Soup With Noodles - Bakso is a popular Indonesian meatball soup. This homemade recipe is a quick version using juicy beef meatballs simmered in a simple broth, which can be served with or without noodles.
Beef Chilli Bean Soup - If you love the flavours of beef nachos, but don’t want the calories, try this tasty alternative, it’s light and full of flavour.
CONNECT WITH RECIPE POCKET
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a post!
📋 Recipe Card
Easy Beef and Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks (ribs) sliced
- 500 grams (1.10 pounds) lean ground beef
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups water
- 3 – 4 teaspoons beef stock powder or to taste
- 1 x 400 gram (14 ounces) can diced tomato
- 500 grams (1.10 pounds, 2 medium) potatoes scrubbed and cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 200 grams (7 ounces) cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 140 grams (4.9 ounces, 1 cup) peas fresh or frozen
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) beans about a handful fresh or frozen, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 x 400 gram (14 ounces) can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Season with salt and pepper
- In a very large saucepan heat the oil, add the diced leek, carrot, celery and cook until the vegetables soften, about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and ground beef, use a spatula to break the meat into small pieces, mix into the vegetables until the meat color changes from a pinky/red to a dull cooked brown color.
- Add the water, stock powder, canned tomatoes, potato, bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce, mix well, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, peas, beans and red kidney beans, bring back to the boil, cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.