This slow cooker balsamic beef is a taste made in heaven. You will love every mouthful from the tender, juicy, meaty chunks, to a sauce that’s packed full of flavour leaving you wanting more. The only cooking you will have to do, is to brown the meat and de-glaze the pan, before placing everything into the slow cooker.
More Delicious Beef Recipes
Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef
- 6 lt Slow Cooker
- 1 kg gravy beef excess fat removed and cut into 3 cm cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour can use corn flour to make it gluten free
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams red onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 125 ml balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 250 ml water
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- Lightly season the cubed beef with salt.
- Toss in flour to coat, shaking off the excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick fry pan, cook half the beef until brown, transfer the browned meat to the slow cooker. Repeat for the remaining half of beef.
- To the same fry pan, heat the remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil, add the garlic, red onion, basil leave and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the balsamic vinegar and boil for 2-3 minutes or until it has reduced by half.
- Add the water and chicken stock powder mixing well.
- Transfer to the slow cooker, mix with the meat.
- Cook, covered, on low setting for 6 hours.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with steamed rice or mashed potato.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Mini Bacon and Cheese Quiches In Puff Pastry
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels with Pineapple
- Easy Tuna Patty Recipe With Potato and No Breadcrumbs
- Indonesian Garlic Peanuts
Pocket Food Facts
Did You Know?
Balsamic vinegar has many health benefits some of which are:
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- Can help regulate blood sugar.
- It has antioxidants that can boost your immune system.
- Can help to suppress your appetite and help in controlling weight.
- Can help improve your skin. Read more here.