This slow cooker balsamic beef is a taste made in heaven. You will love every mouthful from the tender, juicy, meaty chunks, to a sauce that’s packed full of flavour leaving you wanting more. The only cooking you will have to do, is to brown the meat and de-glaze the pan, before placing everything into the slow cooker.
More Delicious Beef Recipes
If you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter, please do. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter to be notified of our latest recipes.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef
- 6 lt Slow Cooker
- 1 kg gravy beef excess fat removed and cut into 3 cm cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour can use corn flour to make it gluten free
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams red onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 125 ml balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 250 ml water
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- Lightly season the cubed beef with salt.
- Toss in flour to coat, shaking off the excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick fry pan, cook half the beef until brown, transfer the browned meat to the slow cooker. Repeat for the remaining half of beef.
- To the same fry pan, heat the remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil, add the garlic, red onion, basil leave and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the balsamic vinegar and boil for 2-3 minutes or until it has reduced by half.
- Add the water and chicken stock powder mixing well.
- Transfer to the slow cooker, mix with the meat.
- Cook, covered, on low setting for 6 hours.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with steamed rice or mashed potato.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Mini Bacon and Cheese Quiches In Puff Pastry
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels with Pineapple
- Easy Tuna Patty Recipe With Potato and No Breadcrumbs
- Indonesian Garlic Peanuts
Pocket Food Facts
Did You Know?
Balsamic vinegar has many health benefits some of which are:
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- Can help regulate blood sugar.
- It has antioxidants that can boost your immune system.
- Can help to suppress your appetite and help in controlling weight.
- Can help improve your skin. Read more here.