Looking for a refreshing and tasty treat to beat the heat? Our strawberry oreo milkshake is just the thing you need.
This milkshake is made with strawberries, ice cream, and oreo cookies and is a flavor explosion in every sip.
Give this strawberry and oreo milkshake a try, and treat yourself to something delicious today!
- 👛 Cost To Make
- 🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- 🥘 Ingredients In This Recipe
- 🍽 Equipment
- 🍳 Step By Step Instructions
- 💭 Recipe Tips
- 👪 Serving Size
- 🍬 Calories Per Serve
- 🥗 Serving Suggestions
- What Goes Well With A Milkshake?
- 📖 Variations
- 🌡️ Storage
- 📝 Frequently Asked Questions
- 🍲 More Easy Recipes
- 📋 Recipe Card
This strawberry oreo milkshake made with frozen strawberries, ice cream, and oreo cookies is a delicious treat you and enjoy on a hot summer day.
Make it smooth and creamy or chunky and thick for an enjoyable indulgent treat you can enjoy any time of the year.
👛 Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $2.70 a serve (not including additional toppings)
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe:
You will love this strawberry oreo milkshake because:
- It is a refreshing and cooling summer drink or dessert idea.
- It is a quick and easy treat that can be ready in less than 5 minutes.
- It has a deliciously sweet, fruity flavor that goes well with oreo cookies.
- It is a family-friendly recipe that everyone will enjoy.
🥘 Ingredients In This Recipe
The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
Milk – You can use any type of milk for your milkshake, but keep in mind that nonfat milk results in a thinner consistency compared to full cream milk.
Using whole milk, cream, half and half, or Greek yogurt will create a thicker, creamier milkshake.
Ice cream – We used strawberry ice cream for this milkshake. But you could use vanilla ice cream or a combination of strawberry and vanilla ice cream.
Strawberries - We used frozen strawberries in the milkshake to keep it thick and cold, but fresh strawberries can also be used.
Oreo cookies - We use the standard chocolate and cream oreo cookies, but you could use another flavor.
Whipped cream - this is optional. You could top the milkshake with plain vanilla whipped cream or top it with another flavor like maple whipped cream, caramel whipped cream or another flavor of your choice.
You will need a high-speed blender and a 370ml (13 ounces) drinking glass.
🍳 Step By Step Instructions
To make this milkshake, place the ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract, and blend until almost smooth.
Add the oreo cookies and strawberries and pulse a couple of times, until the strawberries and cookies are just incorporated.
Pour into a tall glass. Garnish with whipped cream, an oreo cookie (crushed or whole), and a strawberry.
💭 Recipe Tips
Start with cold ingredients. Using cold milk, cold or frozen strawberries, and ice cream will help to create a thick, creamy texture.
Use a large or medium-sized blender, this will give you the best results for a smooth and creamy consistency. If you don't have a blender, you can use a food processor or an immersion blender.
Adjust the thickness. If you find the milkshake is too thick, add a little more milk to thin it out. If it's too thin, add more ice cream or some ice cubes.
Serve immediately. Milkshakes are best served fresh and cold so enjoy them as soon as you make them.
👪 Serving Size
This oreo strawberry milkshake recipe makes one serving of about 300ml (10 ounces).
🍬 Calories Per Serve
There are about 630 calories in a single serving of the strawberry oreo milkshake, but this does not include toppings like whipped cream and other garnishes.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
- Top the milkshake with whipped cream and decorate with an oreo cookie and fresh strawberry.
- Sprinkle on some chocolate chips or oreo cookie crumbs.
- Add some fun sprinkles and crushed cookies on top.
- Serve the milkshake in a tall glass with a straw and a long spoon for mixing and scooping.
What Goes Well With A Milkshake?
Milkshakes are nice to enjoy on their own but you could also serve them alongside any of the following:
- Fried chicken
- Pies or cakes
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- or, anything else that might appeal to you.
Use this strawberry oreo milkshake as a base to create some variations you could:
- Experiment with different flavored ice creams such as chocolate or caramel.
- Add a flavored syrup like strawberry or chocolate for an extra burst of flavor.
- Swap the Oreos for another type of chocolate cookie.
- Mix in other berries such as raspberry, blackberries, or blueberries.
Refrigeration – Milkshakes are best enjoyed soon after making but you can keep leftovers in the fridge for up to one day.
Freezing – This recipe makes a very large serving, so if this is too much for you, you could pour some of the milkshake mixture into popsicle molds to enjoy on another day as an icy treat.
📝 Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, a milkshake can be made with only ice cream and milk.
But you can include other ingredients like syrups, fruit, cookies, and more to make great flavor combinations.
It is not necessary to add ice to a milkshake, as the ice cream and other cold ingredients will provide enough chill and thickness.
However, some people like a thicker, more icy texture in their milkshakes, so adding ice can be a good option.
If you decide to add ice to your milkshake, add it gradually, and don't add too much because it can water down the milkshake and dilute the flavor.
I do hope that you try this strawberry oreo milkshake recipe. If you do, please come back and leave a comment below because I would love to know how you went.
CONNECT WITH RECIPE POCKET
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a post!
📋 Recipe Card
Strawberry Oreo Milkshake
- High speed blender
- 370ml (13 ounces) drinking glass
- 150 grams (5.29 ounces, 1 cup) ice cream
- ¼ cup milk, or more if desired
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Oreos
- 2 large strawberries fresh or frozen
- whipped cream
- 1 oreo cookie
- 1 strawberry
- Place the ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract, and blend until almost smooth.
- Add the oreo cookies and strawberries and pulse a couple of times, until the strawberries and cookies are just incorporated.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream, an oreo cookie (crushed or whole), and a strawberry.