A homemade sweet potato bread with pecans that is moist, soft and very easy to make. One of the easiest no knead yeast bread recipes you will ever make. A great beginner bread recipe that you will love making again and again. Filled with sweet potato, pecans, apples, and raisins and flavoured with cinnamon and nutmeg this bread is delicious.
About This Sweet Potato Pecan Bread Recipe
- It’s a one loaf recipe,
- It’s a soft crust bread recipe,
- It’s light and airy,
- It’s a quick no knead bread (with less than 10 minutes prep time),
- It’s one of the easiest breads you’ll ever make,
- It’s a no knead bread without a dutch oven and,
- It’s a great breakfast bread.
Sweet Potato Bread With Pecans Step by Step
Place all the ingredients except the water into a large mixing bowl, mix well to combine. Then gradually add enough of the water to create a soft sticky dough.
Cover the bowl with plastic food wrap and place in a warm area and allow the dough to rise and double in size.
Step 3 and 4
Tip the dough into a prepared bread tin and spread the mixture evenly into the pan. Loosely cover with plastic wrap.
Place the covered tin in a warm area and allow to double in size.
When to dough has risen, bake in a preheated oven for about 30 – 35 minutes into golden and cooked.
Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the bread to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Tips For Making This No Knead Sweet Potato Bread With Pecans
- If you have any doubts about the freshness of your yeast test it before starting the recipe.
- See my article on How to Use Instant Yeast for tips and testing yeast.
- This dough is very soft and will not hold its shape without a tin. If you don’t have a tin, you could use another baking dish of similar proportions.
- For your reference: The size of the tin used was 25 cm long x 11 cm wide x 9 cm high (2½ litre capacity) or 9.8 inches long x 4.3 inches wide x 3.5 inches high (2.11 pints capacity).
- Before baking, use a water misting bottle to lightly spray the top of the risen dough. This will help give a nice soft crispiness to the top crust.
- This bread is very light and soft, and is best cut when it has completely cooled.
Sweet Potato Bread With Pecans – Printable Recipe
Sweet Potato Bread With Raisins And Pecans
- A large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden mixing spoon, or spatula with a handle
- 25 cm long x 11 cm wide x 9 cm high bread tin (2½ litre capacity) [9.8 inches long x 4.3 inches wide x 3.5 inches high (2.11 pints capacity)]
- Water misting bottle
- 60 grams mashed sweet potato
- 50 grams apple finely diced
- 25 grams milk powder whole milk or skim
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 grams white sugar
- 15 grams butter melted and slightly cooled
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 7 grams active dry yeast
- 40 grams pecans roughly chopped
- 40 grams raisins
- 490 grams bread flour
- up to 420 ml water
- Into a large mixing bowl add the mashed sweet potato and make sure it is lump free. Add the apple, milk powder, salt, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, yeast, pecans, and raisins, mixing well.
- Add the flour and 1 cup of water and mix add some or all of the remaining 2/3 cup water to make a soft stick dough, mix until well combined.
- Tightly cover with plastic food wrap and place in a warm area to double in size. This could take any where between one and half hours to three hours or longer depending on how warm the area is.
In the meantime, prepare the bread tin by greasing the inside and coating it with flour, shaking out any excess flour.
- Once the dough has double in size, use a bowl scraper to scrape the dough into the prepared bread tin.
- Even out the surface of the dough. The dough is very sticky so, the easiest way to smooth the surface is to, wet your hands and gently press it flat with the back of your fingers.
- Loosely cover the dough with a lightly oiled piece of plastic food wrap, this will stop it from sticking to the dough. Place the dough in a warm area and allow it to double in size, this could take about half an hour or more. The dough should rise above the top of the bread tin.
Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) about 10-15 minutes before placing the bread in.
- Remove the plastic from the bread tin, lightly mist the top of the dough with water. Place the tin into the oven then spay the inside of the oven with a little water before closing the door. Bake 25 – 35 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack. If you find that the bread is sticking to the tin, use a butter knife to gently prise away the top edges from the tin.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
Love to try this recipe for sweet potato bread with pecans? PIN THIS to your Homemade Bread Recipes board on Pinterest.
This recipe is linked up with Tuesdays at Our Home.
You Might Like To Try These Easy Recipes
- Spinach Apple Walnut Salad
- Sweet Corn Fritters
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels with Pineapple
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Savory Sweet Potato Muffins
- Apple and Blackberry Crumble Filo Pastry Pies
Pocket Food Facts
Did You Know?
To stop cut apples from browning, toss in freshly squeezed lemon juice.