18 Thanksgiving Salad Ideas
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- 17 Thanksgiving soup recipes
- 29 Thanksgiving appetizer ideas
- Thanksgiving vegetable sides
- 21 Thanksgiving bread recipes
- Thanksgiving dessert ideas
Most salads can be fully prepared or partially made ahead of time. To determine if a salad recipe is suitable to be made in advance take these things into consideration.
- If it is a salad involving lettuce, spinach, or any other delicate leaves these are best prepared on the day to keep them looking fresh.
- If using ingredients like tomatoes and cucumbers these are best to be cut on the day and added to the salad last because they make salads watery.
- If you are making salad potato salads or coleslaws most of these can be made a day ahead - provided watery ingredients are not mixed in, keep these to the last minute.
- If in doubt prepare the ingredients in advance and store them separately in the fridge, and combine and toss with a dressing close to serving time.