This refreshing tomato cucumber onion feta salad is tossed in a light lemony, garlic and fresh herb dressing. It is so simple and easy to make, perfect for those hot days in summer (or any other day) when you don’t want to cook. This can be eaten on it’s own as a light meal, or serve it with freshly grilled fish, steak or chicken for something more filling.
A Simple Mediterranean Style Salad
Tomato Cucumber Onion Feta Salad
- 200 grams Lebanese cucumber seeded and diced
- 400 grams cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 60 grams spring onions finely sliced
- 100 grams red capsicum sliced and diced
- 100 grams green capsicum sliced and diced
- 200 grams Greek feta cheese cut into tiny cubes
- 100 grams red onion sliced thinly
- 400 grams canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- SALAD– Combine all the prepared salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Set aside while you prepare the salad dressing.
- SALAD DRESSING – To make the salad dressing, combine all the salad dressing ingredients into a medium sized screw top jar and shake well.
- TO SERVEWhen ready to serve pour the salad dressing over the vegetables and mix well.
You May Like These Easy Recipes
Pocket Food Facts
Did you know?
Garlic is part of the onion family including, shallots and leeks. For thousands of years it was used for it’s medicinal properties and still is today.
Garlic has been proven to improve cholesterol levels, can help reduce blood pressure, and can help combat the common cold. Read more about the health benefits of garlic here.