A recipe for white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies. It’s easy and made from scratch and not too sweet.
With crunchy toasted macadamia nuts and white chocolate bits in every bite, these are the best white chocolate macadamia cookies ever.
This homemade cookie is crispy but not hard, soft but not chewy and will leave you wanting more. It’s not the prettiest cookie but it sure makes up for it in taste. Make a batch today, you won’t be disappointed!
About This Recipe
- the best cookie recipe of all time,
- easy to make and
- nutty and crunchy
Hints and Tips
Why Roast The Nuts?
I like to roast the nuts before adding to the cookie mixture because, it not only makes them crispier, it enhances their flavours. To roast the nuts, place them in a dry frying pan, over medium heat.
Make sure that you move them around in the pan, from time to time to avoid burning. They will be ready once they turn a light patchy brown and have a nutty aroma. When done, transfer them to a plate and allow to cool.
How To Get Even Sized Cookies
My preferred method when making these white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies is to weigh the cookie dough. To do this place an empty container on the scales and zero it. Then add the cookie dough to the container to get the weight. Divide the weight by 24 (the number of cookies this recipe makes). On average the cookie dough usually weighs just over 780 grams making each cookie around 32 grams.
Shaping The Cookies
Once you have divided the cookie dough, lightly shape into a ball and place onto a tray lined with baking paper. Gently press down and flatten the dough ball, press back in any bits of chocolate chips and nuts that many have “escaped” from the dough.
How Do You Know When The Cookies Are Done?
You can tell when these white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are done, by looking at the outer edges. Once the outer edges start to turn brown, they are done.
Why Do I Need To Cool The Cookies On The Tray?
By allowing these white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies to cool on the tray, they will continue to bake, which will result in a firm cookie, rather than one that is soft and chewy in the middle.
How Many Calories In This White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie?
These white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are about 140 calories each. Which is a lot less than store-bought ones, that are in the low to high 200 calories range. Not only that, you made them yourself, so you know they are free from preservatives and other chemicals.
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 110 grams (3.88 ounces) macadamia nuts
- 225 grams (7.9 ounces) plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1.4 ounces) caster sugar
- 60 grams (2.11) light brown sugar
- 180 grams (6.34) white chocolate bits
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (4.4 ounces) butter melted
Line two baking trays with baking paper and preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Place the macadamia nuts in a hot dry skillet and toast over a low to medium heat until they just start to brown. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Remove from the pan and allow to cool. Roughly chop the nuts and put aside for later.
- Into a large bowl sift the flour, baking soda and sugars.
- Mix in the chocolate and chopped nuts.
- Stir in the melted butter, vanilla and egg, until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into 24 cookies. Shape into balls, place the baking trays spacing them well apart and lightly flattening each ball.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until the outer edges of the cookies turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the trays.
- Store in an airtight container.
This page has been updated on 31 July 2019, with new images.