Want an indulgent sweet, and delicious sauce for your next dinner party? Make this white chocolate sauce! It is smooth, creamy, rich, and sweet and is something your guests are sure to love.
White chocolate is a great ingredient to have as a pantry staple you can make quick and easy desserts like this white chocolate rocky road, this white chocolate oreo fudge recipe, or these white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies.
Not only is it great for making baked and no-bake treats, but it also is used to make this quick and easy white chocolate sauce.
Want a versatile sweet sauce? Make this white chocolate sauce! It is quick to make and can be ready in less than 10 minutes. It is perfect for glazing cakes, drizzling over desserts, making white chocolate mocha, or serving as a quick and easy dip for fruit.
👛 Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $3.68 or $0.19 a serve
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe:
You will love this white chocolate sauce recipe because:
- It is a simple three-ingredient recipe that can be made in less than 10 minutes.
- Unlike store-bought chocolate sauces, this homemade white choc sauce is free from preservatives and artificial ingredients, making it a healthier option.
- And this homemade chocolate sauce is a lovely gift to give to friends and family during the holidays or any time of the year.
What Is White Chocolate Sauce?
It is a sweet, creamy sauce from white chocolate, cream, and butter.
🥘 Ingredients In This Recipe
The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
You will need the following to make this recipe:
White chocolate - you can use white chocolate chips or chop up a block of white chocolate.
Use good quality chocolate for the best flavor. Also, some cheaper brands of white chocolate won't melt into a smooth liquid state but will instead melt into an almost unmixable mass.
Heavy cream - when mixed with melted chocolate, it makes a smooth and creamy sauce.
Butter - will give an added richness and flavor to the sauce. We used salted butter, but you could also use unsalted butter.
To make this recipe, you will need -
- A small saucepan for heating the cream and melting the white chocolate.
- A large metal spoon or heat-resistant spatula for stirring.
- A clean dry jar or container for storing the finished chocolate sauce.
🍳 Step By Step Instructions
Here is how to make this homemade white choc sauce:
Step 1 - Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and remove it from the heat when it has just started to boil.
Add the white chocolate chips and butter to the saucepan.
Use a metal spoon or spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
Step 2 - Let the sauce cool before serving or transferring it to a dry clean jar.
Store it sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
✏️ Recipe Notes
Serve the sauce at room temperature, or make it in advance and store it in the fridge.
Just note that the sauce will thicken when chilled. To make it pourable again, you can either;
- Allow it to come to room temperature - this can take several hours, depending on the outside temperature,
- Warm it in the microwave oven in 20-second increments stirring in between until warm and smooth, or
- Gently heat it in a saucepan while stirring until it becomes warm and smooth.
👪 Serving Size
This recipe makes about 350 grams (12.45 ounces) or just over 1 ¼ cups of sauce. A serving size is one tablespoon.
🍬 Calories Per Serve
There are about 95 calories in a one-tablespoon serving.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
Here are a few ways to use white chocolate sauce:
- Use it as a pouring sauce. Serve it as a warm pouring sauce for pancakes, waffles, and ice cream on occasions like Valentine's day, Christmas, or birthdays.
- Use it to flavor coffee by drizzling it over the top of the coffee before mixing it in the milk or cream.
- Use it to make a white chocolate mocha by adding a shot of espresso and a tablespoon of white chocolate sauce for a rich chocolate flavor.
- Serve it as a fruit dip. Serve room-temperature white chocolate sauce in a small bowl and serve it alongside a platter of fresh fruits like strawberries, bananas, apples, and pears.
- Drizzle it over cookies, brownies, and other baked goods.
- Glaze or fill cakes with it. Pour it over the top of cooled cakes for a quick and easy topping or use it as a delicious filling.
- Make white hot chocolate with it by mixing it with milk, it's just as easy as making this hot chocolate with chocolate chips.
Store the chocolate sauce in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. Just be aware that the sauce will thicken when chilled.
To make it pourable, you can either allow it to come to room temperature or heat it in the microwave oven in 20-second increments, or gently heat it in a saucepan until warm and smooth.
Can it be frozen?
Freezing the sauce is not recommended because freezing can affect the flavor and texture.
📝 Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Whole milk can replace cream when making white chocolate sauce.
But the sauce will have a thinner consistency and won't be as rich and creamy as when made with heavy cream.
I do hope that you try this recipe for white chocolate sauce. If you do, please come back and leave a comment below because I would love to know how you went.
CONNECT WITH RECIPE POCKET
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a post!
📋 Recipe Card
White Chocolate Sauce
- Small saucepan
- Large metal spoon or heat-resistant spatula
- A clean dry jar or container for storing at least 1 ½ cup capacity
- 120 ml (½ cup) of cream
- 230 grams (8 ounces) of white chocolate, chips, or chopped bar
- 10 grams (2 teaspoons) of butter
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and remove it from the heat when it has just started to boil.
- Add the white chocolate chips and butter to the saucepan.
- Use a metal spoon or spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Let the sauce cool before serving or transferring it to a clean dry jar.
- Store it sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.