Are you looking for an easy one dish meal for dinner? Try this Mediterranean chicken thighs with olives recipe. Tender, juicy pieces of boneless skinless chicken thighs and chorizo sausage are cooked together, with an assortment vegetables and herbs to create a thick and chunky sauce. Perfect for casual relaxed eating. Enjoy this dish with a bowl and a spoon.
How to Make
Spicy chorizo sausage is pan fried with diced onion and garlic until golden and fragrant. Followed by a generous helping of capsicum and mushrooms, all sautéed until soft.
A thick sauce is then created, by combining canned tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, white wine, and a selection of dried herbs.
Bite size pieces of skinless chicken thigh fillets are simmered in the sauce until soft and tender, then garnished with slices of juicy black olives.
Looking for more fast and easy chicken recipes for dinner? Try one of these!
One Pot Chicken Thighs and Rice – This is a simple one pot chicken and rice dish. This simple Indian chicken pulao is perfect for when you want something in a hurry.
Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Noodle Soup – This easy homemade soup is made using a simple chicken broth that’s infused with Asian spices. Packed with noodles and plenty of chunky chicken pieces this soup is a meal on its own.
If you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter, please do. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter to be notified of our latest recipes.
Mediterranean Chicken Thighs With Olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 80 grams chorizo sausage skin removed and diced
- 260 grams onions – diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 400 grams red capsicum seeds removed and diced
- 400 grams mushrooms Washed and sliced
- 30 grams semi sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 400 grams can diced tomato
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets boneless and skin and fat removed. Cut into bite size pieces, lightly seasoned with salt
- 40 grams sliced black olives
- Salt for seasoning
- Heat the oil in a large heavy fry pan, add the chorizo sausage meat and fry for 1- 2 minutes, while breaking it into small pieces.
- Add the onion, fry on a medium to low heat, stirring frequently, until the onions soften and turn a light golden colour, add the garlic and fry, stirring frequently for 1 – 2 minutes more.
- Add the capsicums and mushrooms, fry while stirring for about 5 minutes or until the capsicum softens, add the sundried tomatoes, canned tomatoes, wine, dried herbs, season with salt and pepper and add the chicken pieces. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid, turn down the heat and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Adjust the seasoning, add the olives and stir through.
- Serve with steamed rice or pasta.
You May Also Like These Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- One Pot Chicken Thighs and Rice For An Easy Dinner
- Tomato Cucumber Onion Feta Salad
- 25 Tasty Quesadilla Filling Ideas For Dinner
Pocket Food Facts
Did You Know?
Just picked olives are too bitter to eat. The fruit has to be washed and soaked in brine or salted and allowed to age before being eaten. Read more here.