After a quick and easy dinner recipe?
This creamy garlic parmesan chicken pasta slow cooker recipe might be just for you. Made with a few simple ingredients, it is a flavorful and satisfying dish that will have them coming back for more.
If you love crock pot meals like this creamy garlic parmesan dish, you might also like to try these other comfort food dishes, crockpot goulash with ground beef, slow-cooked beef and port ragu, slow cooker Bolognese sauce, or, slow cooker chicken rice soup.
Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $17.12 or $2.14 a serve
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- This recipe for slow cooker chicken pasta sauce makes a thick and creamy white sauce filled with tender chicken pieces.
- It is the perfect dish for busy days because you can dump everything into the slow cooker at the start of the day and come back to it hours later, finish it off, and enjoy.
Ingredients In This Recipe
The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
- Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- Parmesan sauce, we use our homemade parmesan sauce, and it is quick to make a taste so good.
- Parmesan cheese, you can use good quality store-bought grated parmesan cheese or grate it yourself from a block.
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Pasta your choice of shells, tubes, or spirals,
- You will need a 6-liter, 6-quart slow cooker
- Large deep saucepan, to cook the pasta in.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1 - Place the chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Step 2 - Spread the creamy garlic Parmesan sauce over the top of the chicken.
Step 3 - Add the grated parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Cover the slow cooker with the lid, cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Step 4 - Remove the cooked chicken, and shred it using two forks.
Step 5 - Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and mix it back into the sauce with the sour cream. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Step 6 - Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to the package directions and drain well.
Step 7 - To serve, you can mix the cooked pasta into the sauce or serve the pasta separately.
- Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast for more tender and juicy chicken pieces.
- Reserve some of the pasta water, and mix it into the pasta sauce at the end of cooking if you think it is too thick.
- If you don't want to make your garlic parmesan sauce, replace it with 2 cups of your favorite creamy store-bought pasta sauce like alfredo sauce or buffalo wings garlic parmesan sauce.
This recipe serves 8.
Calories Per Serve
There are about 500 calories in a serving.
- Serve this creamy garlic parmesan chicken pasta slow cooker dish garnished with fresh chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, and grated parmesan cheese.
Refrigeration – The sauce on its own and not mixed with pasta will keep well for up to four days.
However, if you have mixed the pasta into the sauce, it is best eaten on the day because the pasta will absorb the liquid from the sauce causing it to become dry.
Freezing – This recipe is not suitable for freezing.
Yes, you can make the sauce for this creamy garlic parmesan chicken pasta slow cooker recipe a day ahead, cool, and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Reheat the sauce in a saucepan over low heat on the stove, add a little stock or water to the sauce because it will be thick. As you heat the sauce cook the pasta.
No, you can not put frozen chicken in a slow cooker, because frozen chicken takes longer to reach a safe internal temperature, and it may spend more time in the "danger zone" (between 40°F and 140°F or 4°C and 60°C), where bacteria can multiply.
So, it is safer to thaw chicken before cooking it in a slow cooker.
I do hope that you try this creamy garlic parmesan chicken pasta slow cooker recipe. If you do, please come back and leave a comment below because I would love to know how you went.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Slow Cooker Recipe
- You will need a 6-liter, 6-quart slow cooker
- Large deep saucepan
- 700 grams (1.5 pounds) chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 2 cups creamy garlic Parmesan sauce homemade or store-bought
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 115 grams (4 ounces) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400 grams (14 ounces, 2 cups) pasta shells, tubes or spirals, uncooked
- Place the chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spread the creamy garlic Parmesan sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese and cream cheese.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid, cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken, shred it, and mix back into the sauce with the sour cream. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- In a large saucepan cook pasta according to the package directions and drain well.
- To serve, you can mix the cooked pasta into the sauce or serve the pasta separately.