Juicy and tender minced chicken meatballs. These easy cocktail meatballs are quick to make and can be served as an appetizer or an everyday snack. Healthier and better than any meatball that you can buy, these can be made for any occasion.
About These Minced Chicken Meatballs
- They are made without breadcrumbs.
- They are moist and juicy.
- They are small perfect for sharing.
- They are easy to make.
- The can be made in advance.
- They are budget friendly.
Minced Chicken Meatballs – FAQ
How To Make Chicken Meatballs In Advance?
The meatballs can be cooked one to two days in advance and stored in the fridge. If you want to make them a few weeks in advance, they should be frozen.
How to Freeze Minced Chicken Meatballs?
Allow the fried chicken meatballs to cool completely. Place the meatballs on a tray in a single layer then freeze for several hours until solid. Transfer the frozen meatballs a freezer safe bag. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Remove the frozen chicken meatballs from the freezer, one to two hours before you need them and allow them to thaw. Allowing the meatballs to partially thaw will speed up the reheating process.
Transfer the thawed (or refrigerated) chicken meatballs to a lined baking tray and place in a preheated 180°C (350 F) oven for about 10 – 15 minutes or until warmed through.
How To Serve Chicken Meatball Appetizers?
You can serve these juicy chicken meatballs on a large platter with your favourite sweet chilli sauce. These chicken meatballs also make a great sandwich filling.
Tips For Making Minced Chicken Meatballs
- Use your clean hands or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment to mix the ingredients together.
- Garlic powder and onion powder tend to clump, these clumps won’t break up easily when added to the mixture. If your garlic and onion powder has clumped, pass them through a sieve before adding to the mixture.
- If you don’t like the amount of chilli in this recipe you can reduce the amount or leave them out.
- Taste for salt before shaping and cooking all the meatballs. To do this, fry a small quantity of the mixture (about ½ teaspoon) and taste it. Adding a bit more salt to the meat mixture if required. Repeat the process until you are happy with the seasoning.
- To get even sized balls, use the kitchen scales to weigh out each ball. The meat mixture should weigh about 1.2 kg, divide this by 60 (the number of meatballs this recipe makes). Each meatball will be roughly 20 grams in weight.
- Use wet hands to shape the meatballs.
Tip: If you are making the mini meatballs for a party, these can be cooked in advance and reheated on the day.
More Delicious Mince (Ground) Meat Appetizer Recipes To Try
Easy Minced Chicken Meatballs – Printable Recipe
Minced Chicken Meatballs
For the Meatballs
- 1 kg chicken mince
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 small green chilies finely chopped
- 30 grams grated cheese about 4 tablespoons
- 20 grams finely chopped coriander leaves about 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Oil for shallow frying
- Your favorite bottled sweet chilli sauce
- Place all the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. A stand mixer with the paddle beater can also be used to mix everything together.
- Before shaping into meatballs, taste and check the seasoning. To do this, fry about ½ teaspoon of the meat mixture, when it has cooked, taste for salt and adjust if necessary. You may need to repeat this several times.
- Divide into 60 even sized pieces, using wet hands shape into round balls.
- Place about 1 cup of oil (or just enough oil for shallow frying) into a medium size frying pan. Heat the oil and fry the meatballs in batches until golden and cooked through. Don’t over crowd the pan and adjust the heat to avoid burning. Turn the meatballs frequently as they cook.
- Remove the meatballs as they are cooked, and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot on a platter with sweet chilli sauce.
Love to try this easy minced chicken meatballs recipe? Save THIS PIN to your Savory Snacks board on Pinterest.
You Might Like To Try These Easy Recipes
- Sweet Corn Fritters
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels with Pineapple
- Mini Bacon and Cheese Quiches In Puff Pastry
- Light and Fluffy Cheese and Bacon Scones
- Fried Ikan Bilis and Peanuts Snack
- Homemade Indonesian Garlic Peanuts
Pocket Food Facts
Did You Know?
Coriander is also known as Chinese parsley. In North America it is called cilantro. All the parts of the coriander plant are edible.