A quick and easy corn relish dip made from corn relish, cream cheese, sour cream, and spring onions. Cream cheese dip is perfect for entertaining and can be made in advance.
This homemade corn relish dip is delicious and easy to make. It is delicious with platters of chips, crackers, and veggies.
👛 Cost To Make
Estimated cost AUD$ = $3.93 or $0.66 a serve
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- This easy cream cheese dip is packed with flavor and is sure to become your new go-to recipe!
- Easy to make with cream cheese, sour cream, and corn relish, this is perfect for sharing at parties on occasions like Christmas and Thanksgiving.
- This recipe makes about 1 ½ cups of dip, which is great for when you need something for a small group of people.
- You don't need special equipment to make this dip. All you need is just a fork and a mixing bowl.
🥘 Ingredients In This Recipe
The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
Corn relish - We used our homemade canned corn relish for this recipe, but you could use a good quality store-bought sweet corn relish.
Sour cream - we used full-fat sour cream rather than reduced fat, but if you low fat can be used.
Cream cheese - allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature before using. Having it at room temperature makes it easier to mix.
Spring onion - Green onions give a touch of freshness to the dip and should be finely chopped.
Lime juice is added to taste and helps balance out the flavors. If you can't get lime, fresh lemon juice will also work.
Sugar (optional) - is added to taste, and how much you use will depend on how sweet the relish is.
Salt and pepper - season the dip to taste with salt and pepper.
🍳 Step By Step Instructions
You are going to love how easy it is to make this corn relish dip.
All you have to do is, mash all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, season to taste, then chill for at least 2 hours, then serve and enjoy.
So easy isn't it!
Smooth dip - if you would like a smooth dip, puree the corn relish into a small blender before mixing with the other ingredients.
Make it spicy - add in some finely diced pickled jalapenos.
Make it low-calorie by using low-fat cream cheese and sour cream, or replace the sour cream with thick Greek yogurt.
Need more dip - This recipe can be doubled or tripled, perfect for when you need to serve a larger crowd.
📝 Frequently Asked Questions
Because this dip contains dairy, it should not be out of the fridge for more than 2 hours at room temperature and even less time in a hot and humid climate.
To be on the safe side, if you have made a large batch of dip, rather than serve it all at once, serve a portion of it and top up as needed.
When stored covered in the fridge, this corn relish dip will be good for about five to seven days.
👪 Serving Size
This recipe serves six, a serving size is about ¼ cup.
🍬 Calories Per Serve
This recipe has 121 calories per ¼ cup serving.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
This dip goes well with seasoned savory crackers, lightly salted crackers, plain rice crackers, potato chips, and corn chips.
It is also great for dipping in carrot and celery sticks and thick slices of cucumber.
You could even use this dip as a spread on bread or crostini.
🍲 Meal Prepping
The dip keeps very well in the fridge and can be prepared two to three days in advance - the flavor actually improves when left for a day or two.
I do hope you try this corn relish dip recipe. If you do, please come back and leave a comment below because I would love to know how you went.
CONNECT WITH RECIPE POCKET
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a post!
📋 Recipe Card
Corn Relish Dip
- 130 grams (½ cup / 4.7 ounces) corn relish
- 100 grams (½ cup / 3.7 ounces) sour cream
- 100 grams (3.7 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon spring onion finely chopped
- lime juice to taste
- ½ teaspoon sugar optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chopped parsley or spring onions or corn relish
- Place half the corn relish, sour cream, and cream cheese into a small bowl and mash together with a fork, and mix until the cream cheese is smooth and lump-free.
- Add the remaining corn relish, spring onion, lime juice, sugar (if using) and mix well, taste, and adjust the season to taste with salt and or pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish, cover, and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the flavors to develop.
- Garnish just before serving with finely chopped parsley, spring onions, or a dollop of corn relish on top.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or veggie sticks.