If you a looking for some easy Christmas cookies start by looking at the recipes listed below. The list is a collection of some of the easiest recipes with pictures on the internet. Whether you are new to baking or an experienced cook, I’m sure there is something here that you will like.
Christmas Shaped Cookies
This green star stacked cookie tree requires the use of a piping bag for the white icing. If you would like to make these and have never used a piping bag before, I recommend clicking on the link on the page for “tips to basic cookie decorating”, it’s very helpful.
Don’t be put off by the size of this cookie Christmas tree, it’s easier to make than you think. This tree comes together with 24-star cookies in varying sizes. Each cookie is glazed with a white powdered sugar glaze and the edges decorated with alternating gold and white sugar.
Christmas Cookie Tray Ideas
Any of the following easy Christmas cookies and, in fact any of the cookies listed on this page would be a nice addition to a cookie tray.
Create a visually interesting cookie tray by combining, traditional and non-traditional Christmas cookies, plain and decorated cookies all in a variety of different shapes, sizes and flavours.
Kourabiedes or Greek cookies with powdered sugar are buttery, crumbly and not too sweet. These almond shortbread cookies are also known as wedding cookies, Christmas cookies or Easter cookies because they are usually served at these occasions. This recipe makes 33 cookies.
Easy Christmas Cookie Decorating Ideas
These decorating ideas are great if you are new to cookie decorating. There is also a section of simple fun ideas that you could do with children.
Also, take a look at the How to decorate Christmas cookies section, there are several links to sites with articles that are packed full of helpful tips and ideas for easy cookie decorating.
Easy Christmas Cookies To Make with Children
How To Decorate Christmas Cookies With Icing
If you are new to cookie decorating you may think that it can be difficult to do. In some cases, this can be true, however, there are many simple decorating ideas that are quick which will still give you a well-designed look.
So, if you have baked a batch of easy Christmas cookies and are looking for ideas on how to decorate them, check out the links below for inspiration and ideas.
40. Decorate the tops of your cookies with a simple flood icing technique. This is basically icing made in two different consistencies, with the icing applied in two stages. The Kitchen has a simple version of this technique, plus well written instructions on how to do this. There are also suggestions on the best type of cookie to use for this piping method. – Click here to learn more.
41. Love From The Oven has some great tips and ideas that will help you make your baking fun and easy. – Click here to read the tips.
42. Sally’s Baking Addiction has a great article on how to decorate sugar cookies. The site provides a recipe for sugar cookies as well as instructions to decorate five different shaped cookies (these can be found after the cookie recipe) with royal icing. – Click here to go to the recipe.
No Bake Easy Christmas Cookies
If the thought of baking scares you, take a look these easy Christmas cookies, they require no baking.
46. Extremely easy and adorable reindeer cookie pops – your tiny ones will love these. There is no baking involved, all you need is a packet of round shaped cookies, pretzels, peanut butter. lollipop sticks and some candy to make these cute cookie pops. – Click here to get the recipe.
47. Moderately easy to make polar bear cookies, using store bought sandwich cookies, mini marshmallows and candy melts. – Click here to get the recipe.
48. Very easy to make. These no bake Christmas tree cookies are made by mixing a few ingredients together with melted butter, then shaped into cones and decorated. – Click here to get the recipe.
49. Simple no bake Oreo ball reindeer cookies dipped in chocolate and decorated with pretzel antlers these are almost too cute to eat. The recipe makes 48 cookie balls. – Click here to get the recipe.
Packaging Ideas for Your Easy Christmas Cookies
- Taste of Home has 10 creative Christmas packaging ideas.
- The Good Stuff has 20 simple ideas on how to package Christmas cookies.
- Sweet Sugarbell has 20 inexpensive packaging ideas.