If you a looking for some easy Christmas cookies start by looking at the recipes listed below. The list is a collection of some of the easiest recipes with pictures on the internet. Whether you are new to baking or an experienced cook, I’m sure there is something here that you will like.
Christmas Cookie Gift Ideas
These are easy Christmas cookies that are beautifully decorated, where you can give just one, two or three per person as a gift -these will give you that “WOW” factor (which is a reaction I know I want to get when I give something I have made).
Christmas Tree Cookies
1. Very easy to make stacked star Christmas tree sugar cookies. This recipe uses three different sized star shaped cookies that are decorated with chocolate and Christmas sprinkles. – Click here to get the recipe
2. Moderately easy, this green star stacked cookie tree requires the use of a piping bag for the white icing. If you would like to make these and have never used a piping bag before, I recommend clicking on the link on the page for “tips to basic cookie decorating”, it’s very helpful. – Click here to get the recipe.
3. Easy to make. Don’t be put off by the size of this cookie Christmas tree, it’s easier to make than you think. This tree comes together with 24-star cookies in varying sizes. Each cookie is glazed with a white powdered sugar glaze and the edges decorated with alternating gold and white sugar. – Click here to get the recipe.
4. Slightly more advanced but still easy. This recipe combines three different shaped cookies and basic piping skills to create a lovely Christmas scene. Click here to get the recipe
5. Moderately easy. This recipe uses a simple cookie dough and 3D cookie cutters to create some adorable cookies. Click here to get the recipe.
6. Moderately easy Christmas cookies. You will need two cookies cutters for this recipe. Click here to get the recipe.
Christmas Shape Cookies
7. Very easy. These melted snowmen are made by making an Oreo truffle ball that’s then dipped into a candy coating. The recipe makes 48 cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
8. Easy to make stained glass cookies. These colourful cookies are baked with crushed candies. The candies melt when cooked giving it the stained-glass look. The recipe makes 24 cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
9. Easy to make sugar Christmas cookies. Cookie decoration time is cut in half by colouring the dough before baking. – click here to get the recipe.
10. Easy, bright and colourful these Christmas sugar cookies are easy to make. Makes 9 large cookies. Click here to get the recipe.
Christmas Cookie Tray Ideas
Any of the following easy Christmas cookies and, in fact any of the cookies listed on this page would be a nice addition to a cookie tray.
Create a visually interesting cookie tray by combining, traditional and non-traditional Christmas cookies, plain and decorated cookies all in a variety of different shapes, sizes and flavours.
11. Easy to make these German vanilla almond crescent cookies are delicious and can be made with just a few simple ingredients. The recipe makes 50 cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
12. Easy to make. Kourabiedes or Greek cookies with powdered sugar are buttery, crumbly and not too sweet. These almond shortbread cookies are also known as wedding cookies, Christmas cookies or Easter cookies because they are usually served at these occasions. This recipe makes 33 cookies – Click here to get the recipe.
13. Easy to make. Ricotta cookies are classic Italian cookies usually served at Christmas, Easter and other special occasions. These soft, easy ricotta cookies are so light and moist almost like eating a soft sponge cake. This recipe makes 55 cookies – Click here to get the recipe.
14. Easy to make. Danish Brunkager cookies are crunchy, nutty and have a caramel flavour. The dough is shaped into a log, then sliced and baked. The recipe makes 100 cookies. – click here to get the recipe.
15. Super easy eggnog snicker doodle cookies. These cookies are just mixed, shaped into balls, then rolled in cinnamon sugar and baked. The recipe makes 12 cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
16. Easy allergy friendly cookies. Paleo cinnamon snowflake cookies these are gluten, grain, dairy and egg free. – Click here to get the recipe.
17. These easy chewy molasses cookies are given a Christmas look by rolling in coloured sugar before baking. – Click here to get the recipe.
18. These very easy to make shortbread cookies are prepared in 10 minutes. A fork is used to press a decorative feature on top, followed by a sprinkling of coloured sugar before baking. – Click here to get the recipe.
19. Fast and easy to decorate, these homemade chocolate mint cookies are dipped in white chocolate and decorated with coloured sprinkles. – Click here to get the recipe.
20. This is another easy Christmas shortbread recipe. With sprinkles mixed into the cookie dough you are left with a pretty cookie that needs no additional decorating. The recipe makes up to 48 cookies – Click here to get the recipe
21. Easy piped Christmas tree cookies. The piping technique used on these cookies is easy and will take you no time to master. The recipe makes about 36 cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
22. Simple gluten free sugar cookies. This recipe comes with some good advice on how to work with, and how to cut out the cookie shapes from gluten free flour dough. – Click here to get the recipe.
23. Easy. Jammie dodgers are two cookies sandwiched together with your favourite jam. The look of the cookies can changed by using a different cut-out shape in the centre of the top cookie. The recipe makes 15 cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
24. Very easy. These Christmas chocolate kiss cookies are fun to make. Create many different looks by using sprinkles in a variety of shapes and colours. The recipe makes up to 30 cookies.- Click here to get the recipe.
25. Very simple and easy. These tasty salted caramel cookies are baked with a thumbprint hollow that is later filled in with a simple homemade caramel filling. – Click here to get the recipe.
26. Super easy to make. These triple chocolate turtle cookies are rolled in chopped pecans and have a creamy caramel filling. The recipe makes 30 cookies. – click here to get the recipe.
27. Easy four ingredient cookies. Whip up batches of delicious chocolate cookies using a devil’s food cake mix and Hershey candy cane kisses. – Click here to get the recipe.
28. Oh. so very easy. Go back to the basics and make a good old fashion sugar cookie. The recipe makes 30 cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
29. Easy, soft, chewy and slightly fluffy gluten-free vegan sugar cookies. These are decorated with a cashew nut and maple syrup frosting. The recipe makes 20 cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
30. Easy. Quick and simple to make, almond and ginger snowball cookies Click here to get the recipe
Easy Christmas Cookie Decorating Ideas
These decorating ideas are great if you are new to cookie decorating. There is also a section of simple fun ideas that you could do with children.
Also, take a look at the How to decorate Christmas cookies section, there are several links to sites with articles that are packed full of helpful tips and ideas for easy cookie decorating.
31. Easy to make and decorate these ginger spiced cookies have been dipped in white chocolate and decorated with small holly leaf shaped sprinkles. – Click here to get the recipe.
32. Easy and fun to make. Bring back fond memories (or creates some new ones) as you make these gingerbread men cookies. The recipe makes about 30 cookies – Click here to get the recipe.
33. Easy to make Christmas donut cookies. Makes 36. Click here to get the recipe.
34. Moderately easy. Chocolate cookies decorated to look like Christmas puddings. Click here to get the recipe.
Easy Christmas Cookies To Make with Children
35. Skip making cookies from scratch, use your favourite pack of sugar cookie dough from the supermarket to make these snowman cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
36. These simple and edible play dough cookies are made with cream cheese as a key ingredient. The cream cheese helps to create a soft cookie with a play dough type of texture. – Click here to get the recipe.
37. Easy to decorate these gingerbread Reindeer cookies only need basic piping skills to bring out their charm. This recipe makes 24 easy Christmas cookies. – Click here to get the recipe.
38. Easy and fun your kids will have fun making these snowman cookie faces. Makes 20 cookies. Click here to get the recipe.
39. Easy chocolate chip M & M cookies. Makes 20 cookies. Click here to get the recipe.
How To Decorate Christmas Cookies With Icing
If you are new to cookie decorating you may think that it can be difficult to do. In some cases, this can be true, however, there are many simple decorating ideas that are quick which will still give you a well-designed look.
So, if you have baked a batch of easy Christmas cookies and are looking for ideas on how to decorate them, check out the links below for inspiration and ideas.
40. Decorate the tops of your cookies with a simple flood icing technique. This is basically icing made in two different consistencies, with the icing applied in two stages. The Kitchen has a simple version of this technique, plus well written instructions on how to do this. There are also suggestions on the best type of cookie to use for this piping method. – Click here to learn more.
41. Love From The Oven has some great tips and ideas that will help you make your baking fun and easy. – Click here to read the tips.
42. Sally’s Baking Addiction has a great article on how to decorate sugar cookies. The site provides a recipe for sugar cookies as well as instructions to decorate five different shaped cookies (these can be found after the cookie recipe) with royal icing. – Click here to go to the recipe.
No Bake Easy Christmas Cookies
If the thought of baking scares you, take a look these easy Christmas cookies, they require no baking.
43. Very easy and no bake too, this Christmas holly wreath is made with cornflakes and melted marshmallows. – Click here to get the recipe.
44. A very easy low fuss 4 ingredient recipe to make. It’s so easy to put together all you need to do is melt, mix, shape, cool and slice. – Click here to get the recipe.
45. Another easy no bake recipe using Oreo cookies. These Santa belt chocolate covered cookies, are so easy even the kids can help. This recipe makes 12 decorated cookies – Click here to get the recipe.
46. Extremely easy and adorable reindeer cookie pops – your tiny ones will love these. There is no baking involved, all you need is a packet of round shaped cookies, pretzels, peanut butter. lollipop sticks and some candy to make these cute cookie pops. – Click here to get the recipe.
47. Moderately easy to make polar bear cookies, using store bought sandwich cookies, mini marshmallows and candy melts. – Click here to get the recipe.
48. Very easy to make. These no bake Christmas tree cookies are made by mixing a few ingredients together with melted butter, then shaped into cones and decorated. – Click here to get the recipe.
49. Simple no bake Oreo ball reindeer cookies dipped in chocolate and decorated with pretzel antlers these are almost too cute to eat. The recipe makes 48 cookie balls. – Click here to get the recipe.
Love to try these? Pin This to your Christmas Recipes board on Pinterest.
Packaging Ideas for Your Easy Christmas Cookies
Taste of Home has 8 creative Christmas packaging ideas. – Click here to read the article.
The Good Stuff has 20 simple ideas on how to package Christmas cookies. – Click here to see the ideas.
Sweet Sugarbell has 20 inexpensive packaging ideas. – Click here to see the ideas.
See More Easy Christmas Recipe Ideas
Easy Christmas Cookies – first published 5 December 2018, updated 11 December 2019