Planning a special event and need some easy snack ideas? Try these savoury puff pastry appetizers! They are fast to make and just as easy to serve.
If you need party appetizers for New Year, Christmas, or other special occasions, make puff pastry appetizers. They are easy and take no time at all to make.
These DIY appetizers are cheap to make and easy to pass around on platters. Hot and delicious, these puff pastries can be served for a wedding, a party, at movie nights, or any time you are entertaining guests.
Should I Use Homemade or Frozen Puff Pastry?
If you want to make quick party appetizers use frozen readymade all-butter puff pastry.
Frozen puff pastry is convenient to use when you are busy because all you need to do is defrost it and use it.
If you are unable to buy puff pastry, make your own rough puff pastry dough.
It is quicker to make than traditional puff pastry, and it is just as good.
Make the rough puff pastry a day or two before you need it because it needs to be well chilled before use.
General Tips For Using Readymade Puff Pastry
- Frozen puff pastry can be kept frozen for up to six months.
- Remove only as many sheets of puff pastry as necessary.
- The remaining frozen puff pastry can be put back in the freezer. Remember to wrap tightly in plastic to avoid freezer burn.
- Handle sheets of frozen puff pastry carefully as they break easily when frozen.
- Allow puff pastry to fully thaw before using but it should still be cold to the touch.
- Chill prepared puff pastry appetizers for at least 15 minutes before baking. You want the unbaked appetizers nice and cold before baking this will give them the best puff.
- Puff pastry needs a hot oven so, for the best results preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) for at least 10 – 15 minutes before baking.
35 Easy Puff Pastry Appetizers
Be sure to bookmark this page or pin it to your easy snacks board on Pinterest to come back to later.
Easy puff pastry appetizers was first published on 27 May 2019. Updated with new content and images in October 2021.